Mathews County Health Department
Last updated on
Dec 17, 2020
536 Church Street
Mathews, VA - 23109
About Mathews County Health Department
Hours of operation:
- Between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM on Monday to Friday
- Lead screening - testing, referral, follow-up (Environmental Health Specialist assists with abatement)
- Pre-admission nursing home screenings
- School based preventive (dental sealant) program in King & Queen, Lancaster, Northumberland, Richmond, and Westmoreland schools depending on availability of local funding.
- Children's Dental Clinic in Richmond County
- HIV Primary Care and Supportive Services:
- Infectious Disease Clinics for HIV, 2 clinics/month (in collaboration with the Eastern Virginia Medical School)
- AIDS Drugs Assistance Program
- Medical and Social Case Management
- Prevention education and counseling
- HIV testing and referrals
- HIV Outreach and Case Finding
- TB screening, testing & follow-up services
- Communicable Disease outbreak investigation, treatment, referrals, prevention of further outbreaks.
- Rabies titers and pre-exposure vaccinations, post-exposure followup.
- Health promotion consultation and programs
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) nutrition services